Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Graves--Movie Review


I went to see a sneak peek viewing of The Graves with Scott tonight. The film isn't due out until January of 2010, but we had the chance to see it early at the Chandler Cinemas. Director Brian Pulido, as well as other members of the cast and crew were present for the showing.

I dressed in my goth best for the event--complete with pin stripe dress, hearse necklace and ass kicker boots. :)

The film was shot in different parts of Arizona and takes place in Phoenix and Unity Arizona. The main characters are two sisters, Megan and Abby, who get lost during a site seeing trip. The girls find themselves at a diner 50 miles opposite from their destination, but adventure presents itself when the waitress suggests they visit a ghost town not far from the diner that gives tours. Skull City is a ghost town full of strange people and even morbid happenings that push both girls to their limits.

I don't want to give too much of the film away, but I will say that it's the perfect movie for a ghouls night out. Main characters Megan and Abby reminded me a little of my sister and myself, so I think I will have to make my sister go see The Graves when it hits theaters next year. Even if she doesn't like gore, she'll have to see this one ;P

Even if it's not your cup of tea, in the very least The Graves is a horror movie worth watching just to see Bill Mosley wearing a pig nose and oinking.

Perhaps I've already said too much...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home