Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Eric Pigors Toxic Toons Interview!

I had the pleasure of conversing via Ouija board with ookie spookie Eric "Unkle" Pigors, creator and artist of Toxic Toons this weekend. Here's what the creator of creepy had to say!

What inspired you to start your ghoulish business?

Well in 2002 I was let go from WALT DISNEYS STUDIOS after working for them for 15 years .They had pretty much given up on hand drawn films and sent us all to the unemployment line pink slips in hand. So I thought what am I going to do now? I had saved all my money and decided it was time to invest in what I truly enjoyed....drawing my creepy TOXICTOONS ART. So I self published my 1st art book with art I had collected for 10 years. Then a few shirts.



How did you get started?

Pretty much just had that book and those few shirts I self published with my own savings and found some shows I thought I could sell my work at and went for it!

Sometimes I felt weird being one of the only artists at these shows, but now a days you have lots of artists doing it which is good to see!

Do you have a favorite character from all the spooky creatures you have created through the years?

Man that’s tough, I have so many and try to draw new characters all the time. But Frankenstein’s monster and my VAMPS & Miss Cery character would be what most people know my art for. She and a few of my more gruesome characters where turned into a toy set in 2005 thru MEZCO TOYZ. The set is now sold out but I do see it on ebay under TOXIC TOONS.



Do you ever collaborate with other artists on products?

Well I am working with TRICK OR TREAT STUDIOS on Halloween masks based on my art like this one of one of my Frankenstein drawings. But I am a 1 man machine. Could use a 2nd head or Siamese twin at times.



On your website, ToxicToons.com, I see you've done artwork for many clients, were there any projects that you found particularly memorable?

Well most have been lots of fun otherwise I don’t really take the job on. Life is to short. But I really have enjoyed working with all the bands I have done shirts or cds.


Murderdolls and GHASTLY ONES are 2 of my favorite bands to do art for. They are spooky themed so its lots of fun thinking stuff up for them. Also Metallica, 69 Eyes, Psychocharger, Scum of the earth, Genitorturers, Bill “CHOP TOP” Moseley’s bands, as well as haunted houses and fx companies.



Future plans for ToxicToons?

Hopefully to keep making new merch like the stuff I sell on my website www.toxictoons.com and hopefully getting my HALLOWEEN SPECIAL done one day before I keel over.



If you could have any horror character as your best fiend who would it be?

Frankenstein’s monster definitely!

He don’t talk much but i can have him help me fill orders, go to the post office, stare out the front door window and scare the Jehovah Witness's when they come to pester me and also he could pose for new art.



What do you like to do in your free time?

Breathe....spend time with my beautiful wife Denise and 2 cats. Watch movies, listen to music.


Favorite cupcake flavor?

Chocolate with a hint of Formaldehyde!


Final words?

Be sure to come check out all my creepy art and merchandise I sell, like signed art books, stickers, shirts, Ouija boards, dvds, and necklaces at www.toxictoons.com


Thanks so much for the horrific interview Eric!


You can stalk Mr. Pigors and find news on all the spine tingling sales and more here:

Toxic Toons My Space

Eric's Facebook

Toxic Twitter


Stay Spooky,

Gothcupcake

2 Comments:

Blogger Pili said...

Amazing art! I really have to check his website!

June 17, 2010 at 3:50 AM  
Blogger smarmy said...

Very cool. I bet it's fun designing halloween masks.

June 17, 2010 at 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home