Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sizzlin' Summer Fashion Show Mesa, AZ

So, this Friday I was in a Sizzlin' Summer Fashion Show at the OneOhOne Gallery in Mesa, AZ. I worked on outfits for my models and saved mine for last. It was a bit of a challenge because I didn't have my models with me to try items on as I made them, so I just had to go with measurements and instinct! Since I've now done 2 fashion shows in 3 weeks, I've decided that now I'm addicted to sewing and creating my own fashions, and I *NEED* a serger to be my next business investment.

Anywho, here is what I created for the event.

My friend Armand was excited after my first fashion show at the Phoenix Comicon 2 weeks ago and started collaborating with me on some ideas he had for men's fashions. The shirt and belt scarves are inspired by his sketches.





Colleen's dress was sort of punk prom. Colleen's dress turned out to be a bit of a challenge, but the dress turned out fitting her well, and she loved it. I think it got the most compliments from attendees as well and she rocked it!





Colleen is also rocking the custom Storm Trooper hair clips I made her.

I ended up making my outfit when I got home from work at 12:30 Friday afternoon!!! I put together a pleather shrug, and a dominatrix/geisha type of outfit, using borrowed elements from Armand's and Colleen's pieces to make the set cohesive.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 532x720.

I think the women behind me in that last picture were making faces at my boots... little did they know that a few designers behind me were some more hooker boots and heels just like them!

I learned some things from doing this show, like to always have a mix of runway music at the ready and to always have a generic script for the MC. We ended up walking to some cornball music (despite the majority of designers being alternative!), but this show went much more smoothly than the JFashion Trunk Show, so I'm sure my next show will be even better.

Hope that didn't sound pretentious! -_-;

Big thanks to Armand and Colleen for modeling my fashions and a big thanks to Scott of Tharn Photography for taking pictures of the event!

Stay tuned for an interview with my friend and fellow designer Nic of Ghotibone!

Stay Spooky,
Gothcupcake

3 Comments:

Blogger Pili said...

Great pieces! And I am drooling over your alternative Geisha piece! Not only you look stunning, but it's something I'd love to be able to wear!

That and I NEED Stormtrooper hair clips! NEED THEM!!

June 14, 2010 at 4:02 AM  
Blogger The Prophet said...

The alternative Geisha outfit is great, but I'm swooning over the stunning Goth Cupcake that's in it ;-)

June 14, 2010 at 5:06 AM  
Blogger Gothcupcake said...

Thanks guys! :D

June 14, 2010 at 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home