Sunday, December 14, 2008

Death Rock Magazine

I have the impulse to buy new and crazy things, interesting stuff that is just on that cusp of being awesome or being terrible. Such was the case when I came across a copy of issue 2 of Death Rock magazine in a Borders a few weeks ago. I was attracted to it, but also thought the model on the cover looked really pretentious. Boasting stories about Vampira and Lip Service, I couldn't resist and picked it up.

I was really impressed with the layout of the magazine, especially for a title's second issue. There are still a few kinks to work out in the editing department, but it's only their second issue, and I feel like this magazine will only get better with each issue released. The stories are interesting, the interviews are informative and there are so many pictures! There is a lot of content in this 100 page magazine and it is really a music magazine.

Reading through it I was embarrassed to admit that I hadn't heard of many of these bands before, and feeling like I was being schooled while I was reading this magazine really made me excited. It wasn't boring, but the interviews, articles and pictures left me enthralled and my list of music I need to pick up just got 20 bands longer after reading it. I was really excited to see a little article on the Horror Pops.

I already can't wait for the next issue to come out so that I can sink my claws into it :) I highly recommend that anyone interested in punk, horror rock or death rock pick up an issue! One of my new favorite magazines.

Look out for my color ad in issue 3 of Death Rock magazine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home