Sunday, November 29, 2009

Vegan Memories!


They say that foods that you can connect with memories from your childhood are considered "comfort foods" they make you think of better times and family ties, and they taste pretty darn good too. I've been searching for one such "comfort food" for many years. I remember being very young, 4 or 5 years old, at my relative's house for Christmas and there was a bowl of foil-wrapped chocolates on the coffee table. Bright red and green wrapped chocolate bells with a hint of peppermint. I know if I were to find them now they would most likely not be vegan, but I catch myself looking for them anyway, as if seeing them would remind me of that Christmas so many years ago. Today I was grocery shopping and found a treasure at Trader Joe's...the Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Mint UFO's. Chocolate mint candies that with the very first bite, took me right back to that Christmas with the chocolate mint Christmas bell candies! These may not be shaped like bells, but the flavor is dead on. Not only are they delicious comfort food, but they are also VEGAN! An amazing combination that still has me reeling. If you live near a Trader Joe's pick up a bag and try them!

Comment with your favorite holiday comfort food memory!

Stay Spooky,
Gothcupcake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home