Sunday, June 19, 2011

Teal Hat Project



Most of you have probably seen my posts on Facebook, AttackoftheCraft.com and Twitter in regards to this, but for those who have not: I started a project.

My cousin is the President of the Rhode Island Chapter of the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition and posted a few months ago that they were looking for donations for the upcoming NOCC walk in September. I was inspired to step up to the plate and donate for a good cause. I wasn't sure what I would donate when I offered to, but I knew I could come up with any number of things. Donna mentioned that many of the Ovarian Cancer survivors who attend the walk are going through chemo therapy and said they tend to like hair wraps, scarves or hats to wear. This got me to thinking. What would be better than home made hats with love in every stitch? Thus, The Teal Hat Project was born. My goal is to make and collect a total of 100 homemade hats by August 1st to be sorted and shipped to Donna in Rhode Island in time for the NOCC's walk in September.

If you are interested in donating or simply in supporting the cause, please visit and "Like" our Facebook page and help spread the word!

Stay Spooky,
Gothcupcake

1 Comments:

Blogger Pili said...

That's a great idea, Mary!

June 20, 2011 at 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home